Precautions and hygiene measures
The following social distancing, hygiene, hand washing and PPE procedures are in place to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission. These measures are required by my professional body, in accordance with government guidance.
- If you are clinically at risk of coronavirus, the consultation part of the appointment can be done by phone or virtually prior to the appointment if you would like.
- Please arrive on time and no more than 5 minutes early for your appointment, if possible. Please come alone unless accompanying a child or someone you are caring for and bring only essential bags into the clinic.
- Please wear a face mask and sanitise or wash your hands upon arrival.
- I will be wearing a face mask and a PPE apron for the close contact part of the session. I will be following recommended hygiene procedures, washing and sanitising hands at intervals throughout the appointment.
- The treatment room will be ventilated during or between appointments and hard surfaces, door-handles, toilets etc. will be disinfected between appointments.
- The patient's chair will have a disposable covering which is changed after each appointment.
- The consultation part of the session will be conducted at over one metre distance.
- In order to reduce risk, soft coverings have been removed from the treatment couch for the present. Please bring a shawl or light blanket for a cover.
- While there is a high level of infection protection control in place, it is impossible to completely eliminate risk. All patients are required to sign a form stating that you understand this and are happy to have acupuncture.